Wednesday 19 September 2007

Predeparture Nerves!

Hello everyone!

This is just a little note to say I have now created my blog for my big adventure! I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update it, but I will when I can.

I'm feeling very nervous and excited about the whole experience and can't wait to get started. The packing is going well and I have made lots of lists about my stuff which makes me feel better (diagnosis of OCD not needed thanks!).

We are off to London on Friday for some training then we fly to Nigeria at 10:15 on Sunday. We have recently been told that we will be making most of our journeys while out in Nigeria on motorbike!! Not only this, but we are expected to make space in our luggage for a helmet that we will be fitted with! I will just have to wear it - at least I'll be protected in the event of a plane crash!!

I will try not to make this blog to boring when I do update it, so do log on occasionally to see if I have been up to anything interesting!

Bye for now! x x x

2 comments:

M&G said...

Hi.
Have a wonderful time. I,m sorry I,m not there to give you a hug as I,m in Maine.
Love Mary XX

colin said...

Pip pip darlin'. Look forward to hearing how you're getting on.

Love Dad
xxxxx